Renovation of the deck pergola ideas
On a relaxing summer afternoon, you’re lying on a lounge chair, enjoying your time outdoors on the deck. However, an hour later, you give up on spending your leisure time outdoors. Because you start to sweat, the sun is heating you up. You can’t continue to lie on your outdoor composite deck and relax. It is a smart idea to build an outdoor deck as a comfortable place to relax outdoors. But you should install some deck pergola to avoid the sun from shining so much that it gets too hot.
During the hot summer months, the sun’s rays keep you from enjoying your outdoor life. Summer should be the season to escape the heat, hang out by the pool, drink coffee in the shade and chat with family and friends. To provide decent shade and enhance the functionality of your outdoor space, you can choose to build a pergola to transform your patio.
Why should you install a pergola for your deck?
Pergolas are one of the most popular trends in decking right now. It is one of the best options for providing natural shade to your outdoor dining space. Building a pergola on a composite deck is the easiest means of improving your outdoor space.
A pergola will provide you with sun coverage, upscale lighting, and air circulation. And of course, it also provides exquisite upscale landscaping for each deck, it is the perfect complement to backyard living.
A pergola is an outdoor structure that is erected over an entertainment or dining area. In some forms of construction, the pergola is long and narrow, extending over the outdoor walkway. Pergolas consist of sturdy vertical columns that support an open lattice overhead to keep out the sun.
Some pergolas can be covered to completely shade the area below. Pergolas can extend out from the walls of your house or can be set up independently anywhere along with your outdoor patio.
Pergolas offer several practical benefits.
1. Pergolas add needed shade to composite decks, keeping them comfortable even on sunny afternoons. Protect your outdoor furniture from inclement weather. And turns the deck of your outdoor space into an extension of your living and outdoor dining area.
2. Pergolas are customizable. You can build your own pergola, work with a landscaping professional, or order a pre-designed kit from a manufacturer. There are hundreds of unique styles, color options, and materials to choose from, from plain wood to composite materials.
3. Pergolas provide you with more options for entertaining. If you like to host large parties, pergolas give you the outdoor structure you need. Expand your party space by adding features to your deck.
You can hang chandeliers, fairy lights, and speaker systems from your pergola to create a perfect space.
Add own pergola to an outdoor space
Building your own pergola on your composite patio? It’s a great idea, but follow these guidelines as you start building your pergola design.
1. The first priority for a pergola is structural safety. To ensure safety, use durable and sturdy materials. When building a pergola on your deck, you will need high-quality hardware. Including post bases designed to be visible, structures for attaching the top frame, and more. For this, we recommend using composite materials. Which are highly durable and also have good environmental resilience.
2. Before you start building a pergola, check with your local building department to see if any permits are required for your project.
3. Avoid using materials that will make the structure top-heavy to keep the pergola safe. It is best to use composite materials for the support posts. If you want your pergola project to be more sturdy, then add railings between the posts.
4. There is no need to build it yourself, you can customize a full set of hardware at a composite material manufacturer. You will benefit from the amazing strength that comes with stainless steel hardware. Choose from a variety of custom sizes, shapes, and styles. And you can even add a manually retractable fabric canopy system for maximum shade coverage.
Plan composite decks, pergolas, and furniture together
If you plan from the time you build your composite deck, your space will revolve around a pergola. Then choosing furniture and planning the details of the pergola deck will be less complicated.
Decks don’t block out the sun, but when choosing outdoor furniture for a deck with a pergola, you can carefully design the space for extended use. Here are a few furniture themes that work well with pergola decks.
Furniture for decks with pergola attached
With shade and lighting, you can dine on your outdoor deck at any time of day. Place a large dining table that seats multiple people directly underneath the pergola to make it a prime location for large gatherings.
Measure your space to check if there is enough room to comfortably walk around while carrying plates and food. Place a couple of bars inside the pergola for guests to set up drinks or snacks while mingling, and add a couple of benches or couches at the border of the pergola when someone wants to take a break.
With an attached pergola, you can easily set up an outdoor living room for nightly movie screenings. Place various seating sets and extra activity coffee tables comfortably under the pergola.
A poolside pergola provides shade for swimmers and recliners. Simply add a small dining table set and a few chairs to enjoy snacks and a breeze.
Functional Pergola Ideas
Pergolas are the ideal structure for outdoor decks and can help composite decks provide better recreational features. Want to make the most of your brand new pergola? Here are our most stylish and practical pergola deck ideas.
Add hanging lighting to provide illumination for outdoor activities. Choose from candle chandeliers, Edison bulbs, paper lanterns, and simple strings of lights. You can rely on electricity, or lighting via candles for the best look.
Install hanging curtains on one side of the pergola, or invest in a fabric awning on top of the pergola to completely block out the sun when you like. You’ll love this convenience, and the privacy it brings when the temperature and sun exposure vary greatly during the day.
The pergola’s top grid and optional lattice walls are the perfect places for hanging plants to grow. A lush pergola effortlessly adds life and character to any open patio area.
With a pergola, you can completely transform your deck with a bold design and useful structure to maximize shade and entertaining possibilities. It will also increase the resale value of your home.